sábado, 8 de marzo de 2014

Who am I? - You are God

Who am I?" I would really like to begin at the ‘beginning’ and I am not going to beat about the bush. The one question that haunts us all at some or the other point in our life is “Who am I?” It may sound like simple enough question but fact is that the answer can be a mile long and just as difficult to understand. Here it is as plainly as I can put it: Who am I? - You are God Aham Brahm Asmi – I am Brahm (Brihadaranyaka Upanishad 1.4.10 - Yajur Veda) Ayam Atma Brahma – The Self is Brahman (Brihadaranyaka Upanishad 4.4.5 – Atharva Veda) Tat Tvam Asi – That you are- (Chhāndogya Upanishad 6.8.7 – Sam Veda) Ana al Haq - I am the Truth - Sufi Mansur Al- Hallaj Brahma satyam jagan mithya jivo brahmaiva na'parah - Brahman is real, the world is illusory, and the self is not different from Brahman - Shankaracharya You are the Supreme Being, and yet thinking yourself to be separate from it, you strive to become united with it. What is stranger than this? - Ramana Maharshi I can go on and on quoting scriptures and saints but what I really want to do is - give you the answer in a way that it strikes home. So I am going to try another approach. You see we have always been told that there is nothing without God; that God is present everywhere that there is no space, no being, nothing without him. He is omnipresent …omniscient. So I can safely say there is nothing without God…that he is everywhere. What I want from you is to think of the same proposition from the other end. What if I were to say, ‘All is God’ …That ‘everything is not within God’ but ‘everything is God’ since ‘there is nothing but God.’ While you are contemplating on this thread of thought let me try another approach to reach the same conclusion. You see since there is only God then there cannot be any duality and if there is no duality (like all our scriptures say) then that means we are all ONE and how is that? In your mind’s eye imagine the Sea. Now place some bottles in it. The bottles will soon fill with the sea water. Now screw on a cap and you would have separated the bottle from the Sea water. The bottle is within the Sea and bobbing up and down...travelling on the waves...yet it is not a part of the sea, anymore. It is now effectively separate from the Sea. You see the Sea is the Supreme Soul/God and your body is the bottle. It has the God stuff within but the cap/Ego is tightly screwed on and you are not ONE with the Supreme Soul because the Body is working as a barrier and the Ego is giving you a separate identity (other than the sea). The Ego/Mind's cap is in place and you believe yourself to be the bottle/Body and not the Sea. Reality is that you are the Sea/God. There is nothing but the Sea/God...we all carry it within and are "IT". Now let’s take a look at the same phenomenon from a scientific viewpoint. The entire universe is created out of what is known as the Universal Energy Field (UEF). We are all condensed forms of the same energy and our makeup, looks, attributes and behavior differ as per the rate of frequency at which we vibrate. All of us function at a particular frequency, which is our ‘Soul Signature’. The most empirical tenet of science is that ‘Energy can neither be generated nor destroyed it can only be transformed.’ So what would you say if I were to quote these lines from the second chapter (Verse# 20) in the Gita : Na jayate mriyate va kadachin nayam bhutva bhavita va na bhuyah … ajo nityah shashvato ayam purano na hanyate hanyamane sharire - The soul never takes birth and never dies at any time, nor does it come into being again when the body is created … The soul is birth less, eternal, imperishable and timeless and is never destroyed when the body is destroyed. Are you ready to believe me when I describe my soul’s song as? I am Love...I am Light...I AM My reality is always Pure It is always Love... It cannot be anything but LOVE "I Re affirm, Re alize and Re live my Godliness" I was born into God... I will die into God My beginning and my end are safe, secure and insured My purpose here is to rejoice in the Gift that I have been given It is for me to celebrate, decorate, design and flaunt my Glory I am always nothing but God... I cannot be anything but God. Om Poorna Madah Poorna Midam - That is perfect; this is perfect Poornaat Poorna Mudachayate – From perfection …perfection is born Poornasya Poorna Maadaaya – Having given perfection to perfection Poorna Mevaa Vashishyate- Perfection alone remains (Shanti Mantra from Ishopanishad) “Learn how to see, realize that everything connects to everything else” -Leonardo da Vinci "When we tug at a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world." ~ John Muir "Therefore, we may consequently state that: this world is indeed a living being endowed with a soul and intelligence ... a single visible living entity containing all other living entities, which by their nature are all related" – Plato "He who experiences the unity of life sees his own self in all beings, and all beings in his own self" --Siddhārtha Gautama

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario